The Austrian Land Register is run by the Austrian district courts and is a public directory, where properties (land) and existing rights connected to them are registered.
The following rights can be entered in the land register:
- the condominium law,
- the lien,
- Easements and servitudes or
- Real loads
- Building rights
- Comments and Public information to certain legally relevant facts
The Land Registry is in Austria consists of the "Hauptbuch" (the actual land registry), in which the current entries are registered. Further, the register offers the list of deleted items (so-called. "Deletion folder") and finally the collection of certificates. The document collection is the collection of certificates that represent the legal basis for the entries in the land register, such as the purchase agreement on the acquisition of land ownership.
In addition to the "Hauptbuch" there are auxiliary directories, namely
- the Land directory (this includes for each cadastral (KG), the land numbers (GST number)),
- the Address directory (this includes for each local area the respective property addresses) and
- the persons or name directory (this includes for each state the names and addresses of the registered owners in the land registry).
- All these directories can be accessed with the use of the register number (EZ).
Access to the Land Register